The Moka Pot is an easy and inexpensive way to brew coffee with a heavy, sweet, espresso style richness. It’s also fun to watch the coffee bubbling up through the spout! The morning ritual of making your stovetop espresso becomes rather addictive.
The beauty of this method is its simplicity, simply fill the basket with fine ground coffee and you’re away. The heavy rich brew suits any of our house coffees, or a Mystere et Prestige archetype.
Please note the Moka Express is made of aluminium so will not work directly on induction hobs – you’ll need an adapter plate (See Here)
- Moka Pot
- Digital Scales
- Favourite Mug
- Fill the bottom chamber with water, filling to the line just below the pressure valve.
- Fill the brew basket to the top and wipe edges clean. No need to press down the coffee.
- Insert the brew basket into the water chamber.
- Screw the top and the bottom together to a tight fit.
- Place the brewer over a medium heat, leaving the lid open so you can see how the brew is progressing.
- Keep an eye out for a rich stream of coffee pouring slowly from the internal spout. When you can hear it bubbling and the streams from the internal spout are no longer steady take the brewer off the heat.
- Pour into your favourite mug. Add a little hot water if you like a longer more dilute brew.
Return to Brew Guides