The old favourite. Often known as a Cafetiere after its most famous manufacturer, this method is synonymous with lazy Sunday afternoons, dinner parties and a morning brew.
This method is as simple as it gets and produces a rich heavy brew, as the four minute steeping time mixing water and coffee allows a long and full extraction. The mesh plunger means there is no paper to hold back all those delicious coffee oils.
It’s also ideal for making a brew for up to four people or a big ol’ pot for one when much stimulation is needed!
- French Press
- Digital Scales
- Preheat your french press with a little hot water and then discard this water.
- Add your ground coffee.
- Quickly pour in all the hot water making sure to evenly saturate all the grounds.
- Let the coffee and water steep for four minutes.
- At four minutes give the coffee a gentle stir to break the crust that has formed.
- Pop the lid on and gentle press down the filter.
Return to Brew Guides