We really enjoy using the Clever Dripper as they offer a great mix between pour over and immersion brewing – the cone shaped chamber allows you to pour evenly over the coffee bed and and a small valve at the bottom of the cone (which opens when you pop the clever brewer on top of your mug) means you can control the amount of time the coffee is brewing for.
These two features means you can really control and experiment with your brew.
The combination of steeping and filter brewing makes the process really simple and satisfying.
- Clever Dripper
- No. 4 Coffee Filters
- Digital Scales
- Fold the edges of the filter paper and place into the clever dripper.
- Rinse the paper with hot water to remove any papery taste and then drain into your mug – discard this water.
- Add the ground coffee and give the brewer a gentle shake to settle the grounds.
- Quickly pour in all the hot water.
- Let the coffee and water steep for two minutes.
- At two minutes gently stir the coffee slurry, then place the Clever dripper onto your mug. Draining the Clever Dripper of water should take about two minutes for a total time of 4 minutes.
Return to Brew Guides